Our Road

Josh and I were married in December of 2003 between semesters at BYU (which is where we met). I am a Northern California girl and Josh is from freezing cold Minnesota. Utah seems to be our middle ground. We are a bit goofy and adventurous and try to work hard. A few years ago we bought a small fitness center and have been figuring that out ever since. We both have amazingly supportive and loving families and strong testimonies in our Savior. We are also unable to have biological children of our own. We have been approved through LDS Family Services for a year and a half and we are still looking for our first child. I started this blog as a place for my feelings and experiences while I travel down this road as a way to help me deal and make sense of it all. I also hope that maybe others in similar situations might know that they are not alone.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Best Mother's Day Gift Ever

My little sister knew I would be having a hard time on Mothers Day so she sent me an email. I don't think I can tell her how much it meant to me. I have the best family in the world!!! I live a life truly blessed.

Dear Mother,

We haven’t officially met. I am your child. I would like to tell you Happy Mother’s Day, because you are already a very awesome mom. I have been watching you, and I’m very excited to join your family. I have watched you and Daddy singing in the kitchen, and I am glad that I can sing with you someday. I have watched you play with my cousins, and I’m so happy that one day you will play with me too. I have watched as you have given advice to all of my aunts and uncles, with such love and compassion, and I know that you will help me through mortality. It looks a little hard but I know that you and Daddy will always be there for me. I have also seen you cry when you wished so badly that you could hold me. It just isn’t my time yet. Let me assure you that I feel so incredibly blessed because of how much you already love me. You are already the best earthly mom, ever! I am having a good time in Heaven, and I will see you soon. I love you, Mom.

From your Baby

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful! And I truly believe that our children are up there, they just aren't ready yet. We have to believe that! Lets hope they are playing dress up together :)

    ReplyDelete